this is me

My photo
San Clemente, Cali, United States
Camera always in hand

2.23.2011

JR in LA - "Wrinkles of the City"

216 S Alameda St

216 S Alameda St

216 S Alameda St



216 S Alameda St

Is that you, JR?  Hat, glasses, AXE, cheeky grin...yeah, we thought so!  



287 N Alameda St

287 N Alameda St


287 N Alameda St

287 N Alameda St

287 N Alameda St


JR, the French street artist is in Los Angeles at the moment causing quite a stir.  Wait, did I just say "quite a stir"?  Well, I shit you not, he really is stirring things up around here. JR's in LA to accept the 2011 TED PRIZE, and is currently installing the LA edition of his project “The Wrinkles of the City”.  The man is on a mission.  Black and white 28 mm portraits of LA locals are going up on 20 different sites all over town, sometimes two and three a day. And baby, you should see the sheer size of these things!  The LA Weekly is following him and posting as new portraits go up each day. Fascinating! 

As much as I consider myself a free-spirited, spontaneous photo-gypsy, I can't exactly take a week off work to chase a french man - or any man for that matter.  Hear that Jeffrey Dean Morgan? You'll just have to come to me!  Ahhh, ok, but I digress...  So, when my phone buzzed half-way through the work day Monday it only took me about 5 minutes to find coverage (thanks Cheryl, I so owe you) and hit the road with my bff.  Eight hours, 97,000 belly laughs and one fabulous, cooked-by-yours-truly Korean BBQ later (thanks Alexa and Jeremy) we were on our way back home having experienced three of JR's works, possibly/probably JR himself, a multitude of other street artists (will post those pix soon), a hot dog place we didn't eat in pronounced "worst cooch", and a very successful wallet-busting trip to Urban Outfitters.  Best day EVER!

I wanna be a street artist when I grow up!


More pix on my flickr

UPDATE 2/24/11:  My absolute fave so far JR Self-Portrait


1 comment:

  1. It is a good news that JR in Los Angeles "Wrinkles of the City". I am really impressed by your post. There are so many ways for reduce wrinkles.

    ReplyDelete